Click to Call
Richard Zeises Agency

1610 The Fairway, Suite 109
Jenkintown, PA 19046

Get Directions
Pennsylvania Motorcycle insurance coverage

Request a quote

Motorcycle Insurance in Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania requires you to have motorcycle insurance if you're riding on public roads. For your safety and to ensure you're complying with the law, it's important to understand what safety gear is required. There's also certain coverage that you're required to have, and there are additional coverage options that you can select to customize your policy. Get a no-commitment quote without leaving your home by using the online rating tool from Richard Zeises Agency.

Safety Gear Requirements

Pennsylvania law states that anyone riding or operating an autocycle or motorcycle must wear headgear unless you meet certain requirements. You don't have to wear headgear if the following applies to you:

  • You're 21 years or older and have two years of riding experience or have completed a motorcycle safety course approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation or PennDOT.
  • The occupant or operator of a three-wheeled autocycle or motorcycle that's equipped with an enclosed cab doesn't have to wear a helmet.

Insurance Requirements

While there are multiple optional coverage options available, Pennsylvania law requires that you at least have liability coverage. The minimum liability requirements in the Keystone State are bodily injury coverage for one or more people, property damage, and personal injury protection (sometimes referred to as PIP). PIP coverage pays medical expenses regardless of who's found to be at fault. There are minimum coverage requirements determined by Pennsylvania law, however, you're allowed to choose higher limits for peace of mind. Other types of coverage that you should look into include:

  • Underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage protects you in the event of an accident with a driver who doesn't have insurance coverage.
  • Collision coverage pays for personal losses that are caused by impact with an object or vehicle.
  • Roadside assistance coverage helps you if your motorcycle becomes disabled. This coverage often includes towing, a battery jumpstart, and an emergency delivery of fuel, water, oil, or other important fluids.

Call or visit Richard Zeises Agency in Jenkintown, PA to talk with an experienced specialist or use the online tool for a free quote.


Right 1st image

Locally owned and operated

Right 2nd image

Policies that meet & exceed expectations

Right 3rd image

Get an Annual Policy review

Servicing States

  • Pennsylvania
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Delaware
  • Maryland
  • Tennessee
  • North Carolina